Tuesday, July 28, 2009

The Unveiling of Ms. Wintour


My friends have been buzzing about the new documentary, The September Issue, a fashion tell all of the preparations of the ever monumental Vogue September issue. Wow that can't sound too exciting, you ask? Well you're wrong because it will follow the ever controversial Vogue editor in chief, Anna Wintour! I think everyone can remember The Devil Wears Prada, where Amanda Priestly's character played by Meryl Streep was based on Anna Wintour. Well, in real life here are some of her criticisms: She's told Oprah and Andre Leon Talley to lose weight, she's been sued by past coworkers, she's requested that Milan Fashion Week move around their shows to fit her schedule, she's supposedly had affairs with key people to advance her own career and the list goes on and on. On top of that she's been deemed "cold" and "aloof." Hmmm...well all I can say is that this documentary will finally let us see a snippet of her real self. She's so private so I find it surprising that she's even gracing the big screen. I have to admit, I saw her in a segment in the Marc Jacobs and Louis Vuitton documentary, and she seemed poised, humble and grateful to sit in on Jacob's runway preview. Best you believe that I will be there opening day, September 11, in my Manolos and oversized Chanel shades watching intently. Please check out the preview here. It's spellbinding. I got chills. Notice her "Madonna Esque" eye blinks-she's fierce.
*Images courtesy of imdb.com

No comments:

Post a Comment