Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Signature Sequin

For the past few months, I've been obsessing about buying some sequin pieces, may they be vests, jackets, tops or skirts. I hope this doesn't make me sound like a Vegas showgirl, but sequin done right can be just glorious and iconic at the same time. And I know that I'm not far off because this trend was seen on the runway for Fall 2009 collections. 3.1 Phillip Lim, Alexander McQueen, Badgley Misckha, Chanel, Diane Von Furstenburg, Thakoon, Gucci, Michael Kors, Matthew Williamson, Balmain and many others all presented some beautiful sequin pieces. Some were embellished lightly with sequin, others were heavily adorned with them. As smart as it would be for me to spend $1,500 and up on something from those collections, I find it best to stay more within my price range. Here are some attainable pieces that have caught my eye. So shiny.

Robert Rodriguez Sequin Jacket


Gryphon "The Sequins Short"

Alice + Olivia Sequin Top with Oversized Armholes

See by Chloe Sequin Camo Blouse

* Images courtesy of shopbop.com

No comments:

Post a Comment