Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Date Night


It seems as though my boyfriend, Steven and I can never escape our busy schedules for a date night. When I'm free, he's working late. When he's available, I'm glued to my laptop tending to work or school. And then throw Rocco, our wonderful bundle of joy into the mix and well you get the idea. I'm over it. No more excuses. I'm scheduling date night each week and were going to hit the town. I also like to use date night as a reason to play dress up. As you know by now, fashion to me, is incorporated into everything I do. I have a new Twelfth Street by Cynthia Vincent Smocked Wrap Dress that I've been dying to wear and its debuting this week. Going to pair with Charles by Charles David "Glad" Wedge and a Rebecca Minkoff MAC.

Were going to go to Ginza Sushi in Tiburon. This is an amazing sushi joint tucked away on Main Street in downtown Tiburon, adjacent to the area's historic Ark Row. The interior is full of modern furniture and sleek, sparkly granite tabletops and counters. My favorite dishes from this place include the Hamachi Carpaccio. The hamachi is so fresh, it melts in your mouth and the ponzu sauce is a perfect balance between tart and sweet. Other popular dishes include the Seafood Udon which is stocked full of squid, shrimps and scallops; the Sunomono Salad that combines snowcrab meat, cucumbers, and sesame seeds; and the Aussie Roll, a shrimp tempura roll topped with crab, avocado, jalapeno and tobiko. And the Sake menu is diverse offering a variety of dry and sweet selections. Perhaps after dinner, we will head to the iconic Sam's Anchor Cafe, a local watering hole, for a few stiff ones.

Oh date night, how I look forward to thee.

*Images courtesy of Saksfifthavenue.com, nordstrom.com, ginzasushi.com





No comments:

Post a Comment