Saturday, July 25, 2009

Chop, Chop it Off

I envisioned myself having uber long, flowing hair until my departure from Graduate School. I did this pretty well for about 3 years via hair extensions, patience and deep conditioning treatments. Oh how I wanted to wait until I completed my thesis. For some reason I equated long locks with being rebellious and avante garde- they type of mindset I've been in since starting school (also thought is was very Parisian of me). Truth be told, my long hair was annoying me. I started to realize that my mane looked less like Olivia Palermo and more like Courtney Love . All jokes aside and no offense to Ms. Love, I needed a more updated do that would shape my face more eloquently. When I noticed Jessica Alba's short bob, I got inspired. I did go a bit lighter and am wearing bangs swept to the side, though. See for yourself. Before and After.



From Top to Bottom: Me with long hair at a Madonna Trannyshack soiree in San Francisco, Me Modeling the do' (in Cynthia Vincent dress) my son Rocco and I at his 4th Birthday Party (in Cynthia Vincent top and Tom Ford sunglasses) and Jessica Alba (my inspiration).

*Images courtesy of justjared.buzznet.com

2 comments:

  1. ooo, the hair looks good. Is that picture taken in the 4-in-1?

    ReplyDelete
  2. you bet it is and Rocco denied taking any pics. Such a celebrity.

    ReplyDelete